All proof are provided as they are, there is no guarantee of completeness or accuracy. Therefore, we ask you to thoroughly check the products before purchasing them.
What is the purpose of this proof?
The logo is compulsory for most organic products and must be displayed according to a specific set of rules. This is to prevent consumer confusion, help maintain trust in organic food and support the authorities in their inspection regimes.
The logo must be used by
- all pre-packaged EU food products, produced and sold as organic within the EU
Additionally the logo can optionally be used by
- imported products where the product conforms to the EU rules on the import of organic goods
- non pre-packaged organic products
- EU organic products placed on third countries markets
- as part of information campaigns intended to educate the public about the organics scheme (as long as it is not misleading or used to imply that a non-organic product fulfils the requirements of an organic product)
The logo cannot be used for
- products containing less than 95% of organic ingredients
- mass catering operations such as restaurants or hospitals
- products not in the scope of organic rules such as cosmetics or products from hunting and fishing
- products in ‘conversion’ (where organic methods have only just been introduced and there may still be non-organic substances in the soil or animal chain)
Read more on the publishers website